Have suggestions for other resources? Please submit them via our contact form!
William & Mary Programs, Organizations, and Resources
- Office of Human Resources
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion
- Gender, Sexuality, and Women’s Studies Program
- W&M Women’s Law Society
- WISE (Women in Scientific Education): project to foster women in the fields of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics
- Women at the College of William and Mary (Swem Special Collections)
- Swem Library: books, articles, and other sources about topics such as "leadership in women," "women in higher education," "work and family," "sex role in the work environment," "sex discrimination in employment," and more. Contact Swem Library's Research Department for assistance.
- Pregnancy and Lactation Resources
- Compliance & Equity Office: The Compliance & Equity Office provides central support for the university's efforts to comply with its legal, regulatory and ethical obligations. Kiersten Boyce, a Women's Network Executive Committee member, is W&M's Chief Compliance Officer and is the university's Title IX Coordinator, ADA/Rehabilitation Act Coordinator and Age Discrimination Act Coordinator. The Office manages three related programs:
- Equity Resources for Women Working at W&M (courtesy of the Compliance & Equity Office)
- Supplier Diversity/SWAM: For offices looking to support Small, Women-, and Minority-owned (SWaM) Businesses
- University Ombuds: The Ombuds Office serves as an alternate and informal resource for all categories of employees seeking assistance with workplace concerns.
- General Faculty & Staff Resources
Child Care Opportunities
- W&M Child Care Listserv
- Williamsburg Campus Child Care: Right here on campus and W&M faculty, staff, and students have priority for enrollment.
State Agencies and Organizations
- American Council on Education's Women's Network webpage
- American Council on Education's Gender Equity webpage
- American Association of University Women*
*W&M is an official College/University member of AAUW
- Women in Academia Report
- National Organization for Women
- League of Women Voters
- Claiming Authority: Negotiating Challenges for Women Leaders
(Interview with Harvard Business School faculty authors K. L. McGinn and H.R. Bowles)
- Swem Library: books, journal articles, and other sources about jobs and careers for women. Contact Swem Library's Research Department for assistance.
Health and Safety Resources
- Beyond Title IX: Guidelines for Preventing and Responding to Gender-Based Violence in Higher Education: published by Futures Without Violence (2012).
- Beyond Boobs, Inc.: support group for young survivors of breast cancer. The group publishes an informative annual calendar called "A Calendar to Live By."