The video feature row offers a large format presentation for a YouTube video, including an optional introduction and link to learn more.
- Highlight a high-quality YouTube video or livestream.
Create a New Row
- Select your rows storage folder — this is likely labeled _rows or similar. If you don't have one yet, build one now.
- From the top menu, select Add Content > Rows > Video Feature.
Available Field & Options
- Page Name: Required field; this is your row's file name in Cascade; customize the default name of row-video-feature.
- Title: Required field; used as a section header for screen readers and should be meaningful.
- Show title?
- If unchecked: The title is used by screen readers, but not visually displayed.
- If checked: The title is prominently displayed at the top of the row.
- Row Theme: Select one of the available colors as the row's default theme. Elements within the row will be color-coordinated and optimized for design and accessibility. When placing the row on a page, the theme should be selected for that page.
- Intro Text: Option to add simple text below the title and above the YouTube video. Text appears center justified and can include links, bold and italics.
- YouTube Video ID: Enter the ID for the video you are featuring. To get your ID, follow these steps:
- Browse to the video on YouTube
- Right-click within the video
- Select "Stats for nerds"
- In the screen that appears, your Video ID is the short string of letters and symbols on the first line.
- Link Text: Option to include a link below the video. Tip: the video embed provides visitors a link to view the video on YouTube, so it is not necessary to use this link field for that purpose.
- Internal Link: Use to link the text to an available Cascade asset.
- External Link: Use to link the text to an asset not available within your Cascade Site.
- Anchor: Use to specify an anchor for your internal or external link — no # symbol required. To link to an anchor located on the same page as the row, do not specify an internal or external link destination. New to anchors? Learn how to first create an anchor on your pages or rows.
Updating Row Content
- To update the content of a row, edit and publish the row file.
- You do not need to publish the pages displaying the row.
- If a row is unpublished or deleted, it will no longer appear on any live pages.
Tip: If you move or rename a row file, you will then need to publish any pages displaying the row. Not sure which pages are using the row? Check for relationships to the row.
Example Video Feature Rows
Below, we offer sample rows to demonstrate a selection of suggested uses and best practices.