Area Supervisors manage the student staff within their functional area under the guidance of professional staff. They serve as a liaison for professional staff and encourage communication across multiple areas. Area Supervisors are hired for one-year terms but have the option of reapplying at the end of that period. Pay rate: varies by functional area.
This position is open to internal candidates only. One will be selected for each functional area.
- Participate in the hiring process
- Schedule student staff within their functional area
- Work with professional staff in planning winter, fall, and ongoing training
- Conduct positional new employee training based on discussions and planning with supervisor
- Communicate with other students in their functional area about updates, changes, issues, etc.
- Meet regularly with the Graduate Assistant and other Area Supervisors to address issues and collaborate
- Work regular shifts within their functional area
- Must have been employed in the functional area for at least one full semester.
- Must be fully competent in the functional area.
- Minimum 2.8 cumulative GPA
- No current honor code violations resulting in probation
- Must be able to attend August & January training (cannot have conflicts due to RA training, Orientation, travel, etc.)
For more information, contact Abigail Motley.
Current SUE student employees may apply here.