As university leadership has affirmed, William & Mary has an enduring commitment to all of its students.
We admit students to W&M without regard for their immigration status. Our community will continue to do all it can to support our DACA students, including assisting them in accessing all available financial resources and navigating any renewal processes. - July 21, 2021
DACA/Undocumented Advisory & Support Council
The Council represents a core group of university faculty, staff, alumni, and students, who have both expertise in relevant areas and a commitment to the goals of the council:
- Jennifer Bickham-Mendez (Sociology)
- Katherine Barko-Alva (ESL/Bilingual Education, School of Education)
- Stacy Kern-Scheerer (Professor of the Practice of Law, W&M Law School, and Director, Immigration Clinic)
- John Riofrio (Hispanic Studies)
- Diego Rodriguez Cabrera ‘19
- Jessica Chilin-Hernández ‘12
- Bella Ortiz-Miller '23
- LaToya Lawson (Associate Dean of Admission/ Director of Diversity & Access)
- Joe Dobrota (Director, Financial Aid)
- Joanne Taylor (Manager, Student Information Services, Registrar’s Office)
- Eva Wong (Director, International Students, Scholars & Programs)
Prospective students, current students, and alumni are encouraged to contact Student Affairs.