The Reves Center funds and promotes internationally focused research that includes international travel for faculty and students. We welcome proposals with a strong international dimension either in the topic of the research or the location where the work will be presented. With rare exceptions, successful Reves Faculty Fellowships will include overseas travel and the involvement of students in both the project and the travel.
Student involvement is not a requirement for the Drapers’ fellowship, but this fellowship does include the potential to engage W&M students at institutions in the UK. Preference for the Drapers’ Fellowship will be given to early career scholars conducting archival research in proximity to London or at institutions with established links to the Drapers’ Company.
We intend to fund 4-5 fellowships in 2024.
Questions on the application include:
- Overview of the project
- Description of the international focus of the project
- Proposed timeline and budget
- To help you prepare, here is a pdf of the online application.
Online Application Process:
- Your W&M sign-in is required to validate access to the form.
- If you do not receive an email confiming your application's submission, please contact [[dralleman,Dianne Alleman, Associate Director of Donor Relations]].
The application deadline is February 16, 2024 at 4pm EDT. Proposals will be evaluated by a faculty-staff committee.
Awards will be announced by the end of March.
Questions regarding the Faculty Fellows program or the application process may be addressed to [[dralleman,Dianne Alleman]].