Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
W&M menu close William & Mary

Declare a Major or Minor

To declare a major or minor in Integrative Conservation, follow these steps:

  1. Review the requirements in the course catalog.
  2. Read the program FAQs. If you have general questions about the major or the IIC, please reach out to Professor John Swaddle [[jpswad]].
  3. Select an academic advisor from the following: John Swaddle, Robert Rose, Mara Dicenta, Fernando Galeana Rodriguez or Sapana Lohani. Find biographic and contact information for these advisors in faculty and staff directory.
  4. Reach out to your selected advisor and suggest a few possible meeting times that work with your schedule.  
  5. When you are ready to declare, complete the Declaration of Major form (pdf) or Declaration of Minor form (pdf). 
  6. Book a planning meeting with your advisor, and work through the declaration form with your IIC academic advisor.
  7. Sign up for the IIC mailing list, to keep up-to-date with courses, events, and research and career opportunities.