Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
W&M menu close William & Mary

Electronic Form W2

Obtaining Form W-2 Online

W&M is required by federal law to provide each employee with a Form W-2 (Wage and Tax Statement) that states the employee’s compensation and tax withholding amounts for the calendar year, on or before January 31st of the following year. W&M employees may choose to access their W-2 statement electronically through Employee Self-Service (preferred) or receive a paper copy mailed to the home address on file.

The benefits of receiving an online W-2 form are:

  • Earlier access
  • Once received electronically, significantly less possibility that the W-2 may be lost or stolen
  • Access from any location with Internet availability
  • Environmental impact
Consent to Electronic Form W-2

Employers must comply with specific Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations (26 CFR 31.6051-1) to issue electronic W-2s, by employees consenting to receive an electronic W-2 instead of a paper copy. This notice contains the required IRS Disclosure Statement and Instructions for you to consent to accessing your W-2 electronically instead of receiving a paper copy.  W&M employees will be able to complete their consent form through Self-Service.

Withdrawal of Consent:

An employee may withdraw his or her consent at any time. Consent withdrawn by employees is effective for those W-2s not yet issued only, and does not apply to previously issued Forms W-2. To withdraw your consent, you may change your selection in Employee Self-Service to receive a paper copy.

Terminated Employees:

W&M can only provide paper W-2 to all terminated employees. Access to electronic W-2s is removed upon employment termination.  It is the responsibility of the employee to notify Human Resources of any change of address to ensure the correct forwarding of all correspondence from W&M, including W-2’s.

Request for Duplicate Form W-2

All active employees of W&M can view and print their earnings statement (pay stub) by logging in to Banner Self Service. You can access Self Service by logging in to myW&M and clicking on the Banner icon.

Terminated employees should email and ask for the link to submit their request for a duplicate document.