The Dean appointed this one-semester task force for Spring 2019. The goal of the task force was to aggregate and analyze feedback from the Arts & Sciences community and data from the climate survey and use that information to recommend “concrete, achievable, and measurable goals.” In May the Task Force submitted its report with recommendations to the Dean, who forwarded it to the Provost and President.
The task force coordinated regularly with W&M Chief Diversity Officer Chon Glover and with the other diversity initiatives underway in Arts & Sciences.
- David Armstrong (Physics, Faculty Affairs Committee)
- Jennifer Bickham-Mendez (Sociology; Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies)
- Logan Chappell (Administrator, Music), co-chair
- Kathleen (Kay) Jenkins (Sociology), co-chair
- Francis Tanglao-Aguas (Theatre, Speech & Dance; Asian & Pacific Islander American Studies)
- Teresa Longo (Modern Languages & Literatures, Dean for Interdisciplinary Studies, A&S Council on Diversity and Inclusion)
- Kelsey Smooth (graduate student)