The Dean appointed this one-semester task force for Spring 2019. The goal of the task force is to aggregate and analyze feedback from the Arts & Sciences community and data from the climate survey and use that information to recommend “concrete, achievable, and measurable goals.” Their report with recommendations is due May 2019 and will be forwarded to the Provost and President.
The task force coordinates regularly with W&M Chief Diversity Officer Chon Glover and with the other diversity initiatives currently underway in Arts & Sciences.
If you have comments or suggestions related to the Task Force's work, please email Kathleen (Kay) Jenkins at [[kejenk]].
- David Armstrong (Physics, Faculty Affairs Committee)
- Jennifer Bickham-Mendez (Sociology; Gender, Sexuality & Women’s Studies)
- Logan Chappell (Administrator, Music), co-chair
- Kathleen (Kay) Jenkins (Sociology), co-chair
- Francis Tanglao-Aguas (Theatre, Speech & Dance; Asian & Pacific Islander American Studies)
- Teresa Longo (Modern Languages & Literatures, Dean for Interdisciplinary Studies, A&S Council on Diversity and Inclusion)
- Kelsey Smooth (graduate student)