Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
W&M menu close William & Mary

Civil Disturbance

Civil disturbances include riots, disruptive demonstrations or other non-peaceful assemblies.

If you suspect that a civil disturbance may occur, call the William & Mary Police Department non-emergency line at (757) 221-4596.

If you see a civil disturbance:
  • Call 911 and give the operator the exact location and details about the disturbance.
  • Avoid becoming involved or otherwise inciting the disturbance by your actions.
  • Log off computers and secure all sensitive information if the disturbance is in your work area.
  • Stay away from any windows or glass doors between you and the disturbance.