Quick Tips for a Successful Registration
- Check to make sure there are no holds on your account.
- Familiarize yourself with how to register for courses in Banner Self Service.
- Registration Worksheet: Enter up to 5 CRNs into the worksheet. This is the most direct way to register for courses.
- Look up Classes to Add: Search for courses by attribute (e.g. FRSEM, C100) and other features. Check a box to register for open sections.
- Review common registration errors. View a list with explanations.
- Prepare a list of backup courses. Include alternate CRNs and days/times on your list.
- Review your list of courses and backup courses to ensure you meet the requirements for each course.
- Drill down on course titles to check pre- and co-requisites, class and major restrictions and instructor approval requirements.
- When your registration window opens, as many as 1,400 other students are beginning registration, too. The system has been engineered to manage the load, but you may experience a delay.
- Some students report that a wired connection allows faster registration response times than a wireless connection.
- Your initial registration window is open for less than 24 hours during the first week of continuing student priority registration.
- Major Restrictions: During priority registration, some departments restrict registration in courses to declared majors. Restrictions will be lifted for the schedule adjustment period.
- Schedule Adjustment Period: Beginning on the Monday after priority registration week, all degree-seeking students may make adjustments to their schedule.
Who to Contact for Help:
- Logging into myW&M and Banner Self Service: IT Helpdesk at 221-HELP (4357)
- Registering for courses in Banner: University Registrar's Office at 221-2800
- Finding open courses: Academic Advising at 221-2476