Local Voter Registration and Elections
- Register to vote in Virginia with the Virginia Department of Elections.
- For information on local elections and the candidates running, head to the James City County’s Office of Elections or the Williamsburg Registrar.
- To learn how or where to vote, Get to the Polls and Turbovote provide the tools to help.
- The Campus Vote Project provides an expansive guide to voting in Virginia, as well as directions for other states.
- The Campus Vote Project Resources provide an inside look into the Voter Engagement Committee's methods to encourage higher voter turnout.
- The ALL IN Challenge Toolkit provides inspiration for ways that students can spread the word about voting, both in person and online.
- For quick information about voting or if you experience any issues while trying to vote, text 1-866-OUR-VOTE or visit Election Protection for help.
- Waiting in a long line to vote and getting hungry? Send a picture of you and your friends in line to Pizza to the Polls for a free delivery.
If your polling place is far from where you live, check out Ride to the Polls for help getting where you need to be.