Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
W&M menu close William & Mary

Forwarding Graduate Student Mail

I am planning to return to University Housing in the fall!

Please alert Postal Services so that your return can be confirmed by Resident Hall Life.  Graduate mail boxes are only for students residing in the Grad Complex.

I am graduating, transferring, withdrawing or moving off campus!

It is essential that you return your key to Postal Services and submit a Forwarding Card simultaneously.  Your address will appear in Banner as (FW).  Your mail will be forwarded to you up to a year.

What happens to my mail if I don't fill out a Forwarding Card?

If you do not submit a Forwarding Card your Mailing Address (MA) listed in Banner will be your default Forwarding Address until you notify Postal Services.  If you don't have a mailing address listed in Banner, you mail will be "Returned to Sender".

I want to forward my mail to a address that is different from my Mailing Address!

You must submit a Forwarding Card containing the alternate address information.  This is the address that appears in Banner as a Temporary Address (TE).
NOTE: Mail will be forwarded to a Williamsburg address only for students that are in the study abroad or internship programs associated with the university.

I'm attending summer session/staying and staying in Grad Housing!

You must submit a Forwarding Card alerting Postal Services to keep your mail box open during this time frame.  If your Forwarding Card is not received by Jun 1, your Mailing Address (MA)  listed in Banner will be your default Forwarding Address until you notify Postal Services.

What about my magazine, newspaper, music club, book club, etc. subscriptions?

You must provide the company's subscription center with your temporary or permanent address to ensure proper handling of your mail. 
Note: Postal Services will not accept responsibility for delayed or lost mail.

What about packages left or received after June 1st?

Packages that are left by you or received after June 1st of the current year will be forwarded to you at your expense!  The charge for this service will be the cost of mailing this item by way of United States Postal Service (USPS) at the "Parcel Post rate" with up to $200 of insurance.

Where do I get a Forwarding Card?

Forwarding Cards are available at the Student Service Window and at the Grad Lounge.