The History Master's Portfolio must adhere to the following formatting rules:
Portfolios must be typeset and double-spaced. Captions, footnotes, table of contents, vita, and other such text may be single-spaced.
Font and Type Size
The font for all required pages should either be Arial or Computer Modern. The required font size is indicated in the templates for the required pages. The body of the text body must be typeset in a font size of at least 10pt but no more than 12pt.
All text pages must have a left margin of 1.5 to 2 inches. Top, right, and bottom margins must be 1 to 1.25 inches.
Footnotes may be placed at the bottom of each page or at the end of the document. Placement of footnotes must follow the requirements for page margins.
Please note and follow the order of required and optional pages listed below. Remember to use the templates.
- Title Page. Not numbered
- Copyright Page. Not numbered
- Approval Page. Not numbered
- Compliance Page, if needed. Not numbered
- Abstract. Not numbered
- Table of Contents. Paginated beginning with the Roman numeral i placed bottom, middle of each page
- Acknowledgements. Continued sequential pagination with Roman numerals
- Dedication (optional). Continued sequential pagination with Roman numerals; must be listed in the Table of Contents
- List of Tables (optional). Continued sequential pagination with Roman numerals; must be listed in the Table of Contents
- List of Figures (optional). Continued sequential pagination with Roman numerals; must be listed in the Table of Contents
- Portfolio. Numbered consecutively and consistently using Arabic numerals (the Intellectual Bibliography starts with the number 1, the papers are numered sequentially) in either the upper right corner of each page (1 inch from the top of the page and 1 inch from the right margin) or the bottom center of each page (1 inch from the bottom of the page); must be listed in the Table of Contents.