- Major Writing Requirement
- Major Declaration
- Minor Declaration
- Worksheet for Art History Majors
- Worksheet for Studio Art Majors
(Studio Art students declaring before Fall '21, use this link)
- Andrews Hall is the main building for Art and Art History. It is behind PBK Hall on Jamestown Road. It is the home of our main office and several art studios - including a foundry and architecture studio.
- The Ceramics Studio, aka the Old Power Plant, is behind Undergraduate Admissions on Jamestown Road. It's a beautiful rustic space with facilities for hand-building and wheel-throwing clay arts.
- Overlooking the lake, the Matoaka Studio houses a 1000 sq ft drawing studio and 1000 sq ft printmaking studio. Both studios boast a balcony and a 2 story windowed wall that overlooks lake Matoaka. This building also houses five 600 sq ft faculty studios.
- The Andrews Gallery is on the ground floor hallway that connects Andrews Hall with PBK Hall. During the school year, the Gallery features exhibitions of invited artists, as well as work by done by current students and faculty.
- The Visual Resources Center is on the second floor of Andrews Hall. It maintains an expanding collection of digital images. Included are works of art and architecture from prehistoric times to the present, from both Western and non-Western cultures.
Other Campus Resources
- The Muscarelle Museum maintains an extensive collection of fine art and hosts visiting exhibitions. It serves as a dynamic resource for our community and a working laboratory for students and faculty.
- The Swem Library is just across the courtyard from Andrews Hall. Its Media Center has state of the art editing suites, a recording studio and workstations loaded with editing software.