William & Mary has a guaranteed admission agreement with the Virginia Community College System (VCCS). This statewide articulation agreement between William & Mary and all schools in the VCCS guarantees admission to those students who complete the following requirements:
- After completing a minimum of 15 credit hours of general education courses at the community college and earning at least a 3.4 GPA, submit the Letter of Intent and the unofficial VCCS transcript. Letters of Intent and unofficial transcripts are due by September 1 for Spring matriculation and February 1 for Fall. Once the Letter of Intent is received, the Transfer Dean of Admission will send out a confirmation email and evaluation of the transcript within 4-6 weeks. After submission of the Letter of Intent, students must remain continuously enrolled at their VCCS institution in all semesters not including summer until receipt of the associate degree. The student must also submit the Common Application for Transfer (by March 1 for Fall matriculation and October 1 for Spring).
- Earn a grade of "B" or better in a 200-level, writing-intensive English course.
- Earn a grade of "B" or better in VCCS equivalent courses that satisfy College Curriculum COLL Domain and Proficiency Requirements at W&M. VCCS equivalent courses satisfying these requirements are listed on the VCCS Course Equivalents document in the column titled "COLL" for the College Curriculum as well as on our VCCS Courses that Fulfill COLL Requirements webpage.
a: MATH: Mathematics Proficiency (at least one course)
b: ALV: Arts, Letters, Values (two courses, at least three credits each)
c: CSI: Culture, Societies, Individuals (two courses, at least three credits each)
d: NQR: Natural and Quantitative Reasoning (two courses, at least three credits each) e: ARTS: Creative and Performing Arts (one course, at least three credits)
- Earned a minimum of 45 credit hours required for the Associate's Degree directly through the VCCS (not including transfer credits earned from test credits or institutions outside of the VCCS). These credit hours must have been earned after high school graduation.
- Achieved a 3.4 cumulative grade point average (or greater) at the time of the letter of intent submission, Common Application submission, and conferral of the associate degree.
- Submit Common Application for Transfer by March 1 for Fall admission and October 1 for Spring admission. All official transcripts and required materials are due by October 28 for Spring and by March 28 for Fall. The application entails the Transfer Common Application and W&M Member Page, an official high school transcript, official transcripts from all colleges attended, Mid-Term Report (or mid-semester grade snapshot), and the Transfer College Report (documents found within the Common Application).