Students may be offered funding as part of their admission to a W&M graduate program. Depending on the nature of the graduate program and research, you could well be seeking additional funding, outside fellowships, and professional development experiences. This page points you to some campus and external resources.
- For 2021-22: Graduate Studies Advisory Board Research Funds
- Research grants from the Office of Graduate Studies and Research (currently suspended)
- Conference travel grants from the A&S Graduate Student Association
- Research grants from other W&M offices
- Conference funding from W&M Student Activities
- Fellowships from the Virginia Space Grant Consortium
- Fellowships and Research Grants from Virginia Sea Grant
You might want to consult these sites for additional funding opportunities:
- The Office of Sponsored Programs maintains a list of funding opportunities for students. Follow the student link on their web landing page.
- The Council of Graduate Schools compiles a searchable data table of federally-funded fellowships and other opportunities for grad students. It is searchable by discipline, agency, graduate level, and more.
- W&M's Charles Center compiles scholarship information for undergraduate students, some of which is applicable to graduate students.
During the academic year, the Graduate A&S Newsletter often includes current funding opportunities.