Students may be offered funding as part of their admission to a W&M graduate program in Arts & Sciences. Depending on the nature of the graduate program and research, students may wish to seek additional funding, outside fellowships, and professional development experiences. This page points you to some campus and external resources.
- Graduate Studies Advisory Board Research Funds
- Office of Graduate Studies (OGS) Research Grants
- Graduate Student Association (GSA) Conference Travel Grants
- W&M Student Assembly (SA) Conference Funding
- COVES Policy Fellowship
- Virginia Space Grant Consortium (VSGC) Fellowship
- Virginia Sea Grant Fellowships and Research Grants
You might want to consult these sites for additional funding opportunities:
- The Office of Sponsored Programs maintains a list of funding opportunities for students. Follow the student link on their web landing page.
- W&M's Charles Center compiles scholarship information for undergraduate students, some of which is applicable to graduate students.
- The Council of Graduate Schools compiles a searchable data table of federally-funded fellowships and other opportunities for grad students. It is searchable by discipline, agency, graduate level, and more.
- Johns Hopkins University has compiled hundreds of fellowship and grant opportunities for grad students in an Excel spreadsheet downloadable here.
During the academic year, the Graduate A&S Newsletter often includes current funding opportunities.