Cycling has many benefits, including improving physical and mental health, fostering stronger community ties, boosting local economies, and providing cheap, clean transportation. See what bicycling opportunities are available for you on the W&M campus and beyond.
Got some free time and want to ride the Capital Trail but don't know if you can make the distance? No worries book a ride with Captrail Bike Shuttle http://captrailbikeshuttle.com/
The Annual Bike Round up was conducted from May 16-18. All bicycles not displaying a blue handlebar tag were impounded. You can check the list of impounded bikes to see if your bike has been impounded. Bicycles will be held for 90 days at whcihc time they are salvaged and sold during the annual bike sale in September.
UPCOMING EVENTS & NEWS
- Resuming June 13th - standing Wednesday Evening Rides - meet up at Sadler Center Terrace - ride 12-15 Miles and return, opportunity for follow on gathering at one of the local deli's.
- Saturday Sep 1st 10:00 am - 2:00 pm - Newtown ride & Lunch at Blaze Pizza - Co-Sponsored by FYE
- Saturday Sep 8th 8:00 - 11:00 am - Annual Bike Sale in the lower level of the Parking Deck, Check back Aug 28th for the registration link, only preregistered customers can participate in the sale. Limit (1) bicycle per customer.
- Mechanical Mondays will start up on Sep 10th and continue every other week through Nov 19th at the Fix it station by the Integrative Wellness Center & Daily Grind. Sessions last from 4:00 - 6:00 pm.
- Saturday Sep 29th 10:00 am - 2:00 pm - Parents Weekend Ride - choose to ride 8 miles along the scenic Capitol Trail from Jamestown Settlement to Chickahomminy Riverfront Park or 16 miles as a round trip. Bicycles are available for rent and van transportation will be provided to Jamestown, the park, and back.
- Saturday Oct 27th 10:00 am - 2:00 pm - Charles City County Ride - scenic 22 mile ride from Chickahomminy Riverfront Park along the Charles City County portion of the Capitol Trail with a stop 1/2 way at Cul's Courthouse Grille.