Most of the forms linked below are provided as "fillable" pdfs. For best results, we recommend you download the pdf, enter text in the fillable fields.
PDF forms: Complete the form in Adobe Acrobat and email your completed form to [[academicaffairs]] unless the form instructions direct you to another email address.
Emailed pdf forms still need signatures. Use Adobe Acrobat to complete the form, and follow instructions under the "Sign a PDF/Steps to Sign a PDF" on the Adobe site. If multiple signatures are needed, be sure to select the"multiple signers" option.
DocuSign forms: The student is required to initiate any DocuSign form. It will then be automatically routed to gain the required signatures based on the information you enter in the form. You will receive a final copy of the form through email from DocuSign once all of the required signatures have been collected and the form is complete.
We recommend submitting forms as soon as possible as it can take up to 4-5 weeks for a decision.
- Change of Major Advisor [pdf] Change your major advisor.
- Change of Pre-Major Advisor [Qualtrics] Change your pre-major advisor.
Committee on Degrees Petitions
- Policy Waiver Request - COD Petition [pdf] Ask that you be allowed to eliminate a requirement. Petition approval is generally given only in extraordinary circumstances.
- Course Substitution Request - Ask to substitute a required course with a different course.
- COD Petition [pdf] - for COLL or proficiency requirement substitutions.
- Revoke College Credits Earned before Matriculation - Revoke college credits earned in high school or a previous college if the department believes that the preparation received was inadequate to succeed in subsequent coursework. The revocation of credits renders a student ineligible to receive GI Bill benefits.
- Change Course Grading Basis (Pass/Fail) - COD Petition [DocuSign] Change the grading basis for a course to Pass/Fail. Submit before the course withdrawal deadline.
- Change Course Grading Basis (Standard Letter Grade/Audit) - COD Petition [DocuSign] Change the grading basis for a course to standard letter grade or audit. Submit before the course withdrawal deadline.
- Academic Planner [pdf] Plan which courses to take when, so that you fulfill all requirements and graduate on your schedule.
- Audit a Course [pdf] Credits for audited courses do not count toward the 12 credit minimum.
- Internship for Academic Credit [DocuSign] (for use with 1 external supervisor)
Internship for Academic Credit [DocuSign] (for use with 2 external supervisors)
(Student must initiate form) To qualify, internships must be supervised by a faculty member and include a hands-on project and written report.
- Permission to Pre-Register for 17-18 Credits [Qualtrics] If you are within 2 semesters of graduating and require 33 or more credit hours to graduate.
- Change Scheduled Examination [DocuSign] If one of your exam times conflicts with another, or you have 3 scheduled exams in 4 consecutive exam periods, or you want to take your exam with another section of the same course taught by the same instructor. (Student must initiate form)
- Enroll in Graduate-level (outside of A&S) Course for Undergraduate Credit [pdf] (Use this form if the course you want to take is in the School of Business, Education, Law, or Marine Science.) If you have a GPA of at least 2.5 overall and 3.0 in the course's subject field, have taken the prerequisites, and the course is relevant to your program.
- Enroll in Graduate-level A&S Course for Undergraduate Credit [DocuSign] (Use this form if the course you want to take is in Arts & Sciences.) If you have a GPA of at least 2.5 overall and 3.0 in the course's subject field, have taken the prerequisites, and the course is relevant to your program. (Student must initiate form)
- Enroll in Graduate-level Course for Graduate Credit [pdf] If you have a GPA of at least 3.0 overall, you may take up to 6 hours of graduate-level courses for graduate-level credit during your senior year. These hours must be in excess of all requirements for the bachelor's degree.
Majors and Minors
- Declaration of Academic Major Form [pdf] Declare or change your major.
- Declaration of Academic Minor Form [pdf] Declare a minor.
- Interdisciplinary Program Forms Additional forms might be required when you declare an interdisciplinary major or minor. Check the program's site for details.
- Major or minor Course Substitution Request Form [pdf] Replace a course required for your major or minor with a different one. Return to the Registrar's Office.
- Grade Review Procedures If you think a final grade has been assigned unfairly, you may request a review.
- Grade Completion/Correction Form [pdf] Faculty instructors use this form to change a grade or to turn an incomplete into a grade.
- Apply to graduate [Banner Form]
Test & Transfer Credits
- Transfer & Test Credit Information The Registrar's Office information hub of all transfer credit information.
- Permission to Transfer Credit from Another Institution Form [Qualtrics] Seek credit for courses completed at domestic institutions.