Contributions from friends and alumni allow us both to enhance the learning experience for our students and to support the scholarly endeavors of our faculty.
Private donations sustain many of our extra-curricular student activities and many meaningful philosophical projects. Donations have helped to support:
1. A speaker series for students and faculty
2. Our biennial department conference
3. Our annual student conference
4. A department reading group
5. A generous senior student essay prize
6. A department mentoring program, and
7. Maintenance of the department’s library.
In a time where much debate swirls around the value of a liberal arts education and study of the humanities, the department and its students are especially grateful for your recognition of the significance that the study of philosophy brings to the lives of those who engage in it.
You can contribute online now with your credit card, using our secure web server. The contribution form will be pre-selected to direct your gift to the general academic fund for the Philosophy Department, which supports student and faculty needs directly. You can also contribute by check, securities, and deferred gifts.