Spring 2020 Semester
For the rest of the Spring 2020 semester, all classes will be taught as distance learning. Here's a great resource for advice on studying with distance learning, to help you adjust and succeed in the new environment.
William & Mary offers many academic programs that engage other cultures and countries. These are described in the links below. For information about the current status of these programs, please consult the COVID-19 Response pages.
- Reves Center Supports W&M's international community and organizes international travel for faculty and students.
- Global Education Office Coordinates study abroad programs for W&M students.
Study Abroad Programs (programs outside the U.S.)
- St Andrews University Joint Degree Program Participating students complete two years at W&M and two at St Andrews University in Scotland.
- W&M Summer Programs Short-term study abroad programs administered by the Global Education Office (GEO) in the Reves Center. Courses are taught by W&M faculty and/or faculty from partner institutions, and credits and grades earned are posted on the William & Mary transcript.
- W&M Semester/Year Programs You can study at an international university for a semester or a year through sponsored programs or tuition-exchange programs.
- Non-W&M Study Abroad Options W&M students with special interests or needs may opt for an independent study abroad program, either through another university or a third-party study abroad provider.
Study Away (U.S. programs)
- Study Away Program The Charles Center supports student research and project based learning in courses that have significant off-campus (domestic or international) components.
- W&M in Washington, D.C. Program The Washington Center supports courses and internship experiences that take place in Washington, D.C.
- Domestic Study Away Request Form [pdf] Use this form if you wish to enroll for a U.S. based program (for example: Smithsonian Semester) as part of your W&M degree.
- Permission to Transfer Credit from Another Institution [pdf] Complete this form at the end of the semester before you wish to take the courses.
- Internships for Academic Credit Form [pdf] Internships must contain both a hands-on and academic component, and be supervised by a professor.