Close menu Resources for... William & Mary
W&M menu close William & Mary

Major Advising

Students traditionally declare their majors in the spring of the sophomore year. To declare a major in chemistry,

  1. Complete the Major Declaration form [pdf].
  2. Ask any chemistry faculty member to be your major advisor.
  3. Meet with your major advisor to review your plans and sign your form.
  4. Take the original, signed declaration to the Registrar's Office.

If need be, the department chair may serve as your major advisor. [[chemis, Email]] or drop by the Chemistry Office to make an advising appointment with the chair.