Transferring out of the Programme

If a W&M home student decides not to continue in the Joint Degree Programme, and is in good academic standing, they will be allowed to make an internal transfer to the regular W&M program. If a W&M home student wants to transfer to St Andrews, or if a St Andrews home student wants to transfer to W&M, the student will be treated as a regular transfer applicant who must complete a transfer application.

Tuition will paid to the JDP until the semester after which the student has petitioned successfully to transfer.

A St Andrews home student who transfers to W&M may be required to complete additional course work to fulfill standard W&M degree requirements. Students interested in such a transfer should meet with their advisors. A St. Andrews home student who wishes to become a regular degree-seeking student at St. Andrews should review the process and conditions outlined in the Regulations [pdf].