Any faculty member who directly mentors graduate students in Arts & Sciences is eligible to be nominated.
Any graduate student in A&S can nominate a member of the faculty who routinely directs graduate research and/or serves as an exemplary mentor in capacities beyond directing thesis and dissertation research. Complete nominations are due Friday, February 10, 2023 (5PM, ET).
- Completed nomination form.
- At least two letters of support from A&S graduate students or recent graduate alumni (past 2 years) who have benefited from mentoring by the nominated faculty member.
- More than two letters from individual students/recent alumni will enhance the nomination package. Individual letters will carry greater weight than a single letter signed by multiple students.
- Letters should offer specific examples of exceptional mentoring and the impact of that mentoring on the student.
- At least one letter from the nominated faculty member’s chair or program director in support of the nomination and containing specific examples of exemplary mentoring by the nominee. If the nominated faculty member is the chair or program director, then a letter should be supplied instead by the director of graduate studies.
- All letters should be signed, but a scanned signature or electronic signature will suffice.
- All nomination materials should be compiled into a single PDF and submitted by email following the instructions on the nomination form by no later than the posted deadline (see above).
Members of the Graduate Student Association will review all nominations. The GSA will recommend no more than three unranked nominations to the Dean of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences for final review and selection.
The award carries $2,000, with the funds applied as either research support for the following year or as a cash award. The award will be presented by the President of the GSA at the April Faculty of Arts & Sciences Meeting, the final meeting of the academic year.
Questions, inquiries, and nominations should be directed to [[sgglos, Sarah Glosson]], Director, A&S Graduate Center.