Major, Minors, and Classes
- W&M Undergraduate Catalog Listing for Film and Media Studies
- Dean of Students Academic Policies (these are in the catalog as well)
- Registrar's Declaration of Academic Major (pdf)
- Registrar's Declaration of Academic Minor (pdf)
- Declaration of FMST Major Worksheet (pdf)
- Declaration of FMST Minor Worksheet (pdf)
- FMST Independent Study Form (pdf)
- Academic Internship Form (pdf)
- Arts & Sciences Forms
- Reeder Media Center in Swem Library This is central HQ for making all kinds of media – and especially motion picture and audio – on campus.
- Swem Library's Film Studies Research Guide Begin your research here. If you want to go deeper, ask a librarian.
- Internet Movie Database A good, crowd-created resource for basic production information on many movies from the start of cinema in 1895 and from around the world.
- ScreenSite The site has been "semi-retired," but it still remains a strong resource for educators and students of film and media.
- Keywords @ The Chicago School of Media Theory A fully retired site that includes full discussions of key terms in film and media theory such as "aura,""montage," and "screen"
- Writing Resources Center The WRC, located in Swem, is a vital resource for writers of all levels and types.
- The Dean of Students page for Academic Wellbeing includes links to guides and workshops on study skills, time management, as well as to the Tutor Zone, which offers low-fee one-on-one peer tutoring on a variety of subjects.
- W&M has a number of resources for safety, well being and inclusion. Here you can find information on W&M's Care Support Services. The Compliance & Equity Office has information on reporting discrimination, harassment or abuse. The Haven offers confidential support for those experiencing gender-based discrimination. The Center for Student Diversity and the Diversity and Inclusion Office both work towards ensuring a representative and inclusive community.