Proposals for new courses, course changes, curriculum changes and the addition of GER, COLL, and other attributes to courses are handled through the Curriculog software program. If you have other business or any questions, please email [[as-epc]].
Each department/program should have at least one individual trained and authorized to submit proposals in Curriculog – check with your department chair or program director to find out who. That individual will work with you to get the information needed for your proposal.
Every Curriculog submission is automatically routed to the appropriate department chair or program director for approval. Then the proposal goes automatically to EPC.
There are various Curriculog applications for various types of proposals. Below is a quick guide to which application to use for which situation. If you do not see your situation covered, contact [[as-epc]].
- Use the New Course Application for a new course that will not satisfy any GER or COLL requirements. For a new course thatwill satisfy one or more of those requirements, use one of the applications listed below.
- Use the GER Attribute Application to apply a GER attribute to:
- A new course that is intended to satisfy GER requirements
- An existing course to which you want to add a GER attribute
- A new topic for a variable topics course that is intended to satisfy GER requirements
- Use one of the various COLL applications to apply a COLL attribute to:
- A new course that is intended to satisfy COLL requirements
- An existing course to which you want to add a COLL attribute
- A new topic for a variable topics course that is intended to satisfy COLL requirements
There are separate applications for each of the COLL attributes (COLL 100, COLL 150, COLL 200, COLL 300, COLL 400) as well as an application that combines Domain designations (non-COLL 200), the Active Learning Attribute, and the Creative and Performing Arts attribute.
Note that if a course satisfies more than one COLL attribute (apart from two domain designations) a separate application is required for each attribute.
- Use the Course Change application to request any otherchanges to an individual course (or to a small set of similar courses). Some examples:
- Change the number or title of the course
- Change the wording of the course description
- Change the number of credit hours for the course
- Request a permanent number for a course formerly offered as a topics course
You can use this application to change any of the above on a course that already has a GER or COLL attribute, but not to request the GER or COLL attribute in the first place.
- Use the Curriculum Change application for any requested changes that involve issues broader than an individual course. Some examples:
- A change to major or minor requirements
- The addition of new concentrations within a major
- Change the name of a major or a program
- Create a new major or minor or interdisciplinary program
- Request a change to COLL and other general education requirements