New DC Semester Program Model- starting spring 2021
The William & Mary Washington Center announces its new model for the DC Semester Program. After a review of current conditions and the existing framework originally established in 2006, and with input and guidance from faculty, deans, the Washington Center Academic Advisory Group, and the Educational Policy Committee, this newly crafted program is designed with students’ learning in mind. At its core, it is an internship program, that allows W&M undergraduate students to explore career paths with support from faculty and the Washington Center team. This flexible program allows students to focus on their specific career interests during a semester of their choosing. In expanding high-impact learning opportunities through increased internships, this program advances university priorities to support students in developing skills for their successful futures of knowledge, work, and service. The Center envisions that the increased flexibility and focus on DC resources will allow more students and faculty to participate in the program. Learn more about the program structure.
- Connect with experts in your field and network with DC-area colleagues
- Experience an urban environment while working for William & Mary - the best of both worlds!
- Collaborate with other W&M faculty to co-teach an innovative course
- Contribute to DC courses while being able to maintain your typical teaching load on campus
- Meet local alumni and develop fundraising opportunities for your department
How to ApplyApplications to teach in the DC Semester Program open in December!
- Please contact [[eebattle,Erin Battle]] if you have any questions.