The W&M Washington Center is excited to announce that we will offer a new “hybrid” model for the 2018 Summer Session. The new hybrid model incorporates the best elements of online learning and in-person experiences that align with changing student demand.
The DC Summer Session allows W&M faculty to spend the summer living and researching in Washington, DC, while teaching a class that you develop.
*Professors and courses have been determined and approved for the 2018 Summer Session and therefore we will not open applications for teaching in Summer 2018.
How It Works
The DC Summer Session hybrid model courses are:
- Taught online with 12-14 hours of in-person sessions in the W&M Washington Center in Dupont Circle.
- In-person sessions are held in the evening or over a weekend to accommodate both faculty and student schedules
- Scheduled during on-campus session dates (exact dates vary by year):
- 2018 Summer Session I – May 29 through June 29
- 2018 In-person Session Dates
- June 4 - 7, 2018
- June 11 - 14, 2018
- June 25 - 28, 2018
- The staff of the W&M Washington Center works closely with you to find speakers for classes and make contacts with organizations/institutions with which you wish to work.
Benefits to You
- Complete quality research using the world’s best archives, the world’s biggest library and DC’s many museums and cultural institutions.
- Connect with experts in your field and network with DC-area colleagues
- Experience an urban environment while working for William & Mary - the best of both worlds!
- Teach courses in your department ... while you are in DC!
- Meet local alumni and develop fundraising opportunities for your department
Contact the W&M Washington Center at (202) 836-8610 or [[dcsummer]].