Faculty in D.C.
There are abundant opportunities for W&M faculty in the nation's capital!
Teach in D.C.
Faculty can teach in many different W&M Study in D.C. academic opportunities. Learn More.
Faculty can use the W&M Washington Center in a variety of ways. From checking email for an hour, to arranging a single day class visit for students, to plan a multi-day conference with speakers!
Our staff can help you:
- Put together a day trip to D.C. for your class: Let your students talk with experts from virtually any field. From transportation, food, and speakers, to classroom space and site visits, we’ve got you covered.
- Plan a conference: We can arrange space, advertise, work with caterers, connect you with area hotels... and more!
- Research: We we have workspaces, phones, and computers for you to use. You name it and we can arrange it.
- Work from our Center: Use our conference room to meet with alumni or videoconference into a seminar.
- Participate in professional development opportunities: Whether you are attending a D.C. area conference and want to hold a reception here or you want to host a panel of speakers with a light lunch, we can help arrange it. Let us know your needs and we can make it work!
To get started or if you are ready to book our space, please visit our events page. For questions or help getting started, please contact 202-836-8610.