There are abundant opportunities for W&M faculty in the Nation's Capital!
Teach in DC
Faculty can teach for W&M Study in DC through any of five academic experiences. Learn More.
Faculty can use the W&M DC Center in a variety of ways -- to check email for an hour, arrange a single day class visit for students, plan a multi-day conference with speakers... and anything in between!
Our staff can help you:
- Put together a day trip to DC for your class -- letting your students talk with experts from virtually any field. From transportation, food, and speakers, to classroom space and site visits -- we’ve got you covered.
- Plan a conference -- we can arrange space, advertise, work with caterers, connect you with area hotels... and more!
- Research -- we can give you a workspace, phone, and computer, or connect you with experts at the Library of Congress! You name it and we can arrange it.
- Work from our center -- use our conference room to meet with alumni or videoconference into a seminar. We have offices and rooms you can use!
- Participate in professional development opportunities -- if you are attending a DC area conference and want to hold a reception here, we can help arrange it. If you want to host a panel of speakers with a light lunch, we can help arrange it. Let us know your needs and we can make it work!
To get started, visit William & Mary's online Event Management System to request space at The W&M Washington Center. For questions or need help getting started please contact 202-836-8610.