There are abundant opportunities for W&M faculty in the Nation's Capital!
Teach in DC
Faculty can teach in many different W&M Study in DC academic opportunities. Learn More.
Faculty can use the W&M Washington Center in a variety of ways -- to check email for an hour, arrange a single day class visit for students, plan a multi-day conference with speakers... and anything in between or beyond!
Our staff can help you:
- Put together a day trip to DC for your class -- letting your students talk with experts from virtually any field. From transportation, food, and speakers, to classroom space and site visits -- we’ve got you covered.
- Plan a conference -- we can arrange space, advertise, work with caterers, connect you with area hotels... and more!
- Research -- we can give you a workspace, phone, and computer, or connect you with experts at the Library of Congress! You name it and we can arrange it.
- Work from our center -- use our conference room to meet with alumni or videoconference into a seminar. We have offices and rooms you can use!
- Participate in professional development opportunities -- if you are attending a DC area conference and want to hold a reception here, we can help arrange it. If you want to host a panel of speakers with a light lunch, we can help arrange it. Let us know your needs and we can make it work!
To get started or if you are ready to book our space, please visit our events page. For questions or help getting started, please contact 202-836-8610.