Your tax deductible contribution to the William & Mary Psychological Sciences Department can provide our undergraduate students with vital financial support to purchase supplies and equipment necessary for their Honors and Independent Research projects. Students often need funds for test materials, electrodes, and other lab supplies as well as copying materials.
As the State of Virginia continues to cut back on support for the College, our funding for student projects has vanished. We need your support, in any amount, to help maintain our tradition of excellence. You can contribute online with your credit card, using our secure web server.
Private funds will be applied in the following ways:
- We currently are trying to outfit the cognitive sciences lab with state-of-the-art computers. Your donations would go a long way toward making this a reality.
- Acquisition of copyrighted test materials necessary for Honors research projects.
- Support for Honors projects using psychophysiological recording devices to purchase electrodes, gel, and other lab supplies.
- Support for poster printing when students present their research projects at conferences.
- Partial support for student travel to regional professional meetings to present research projects.
With the help of private funds, in 2012 we inaugurated the Galano Award for Community Service and Engagement in Psychology, honoring Professor Galano's career-long work to forge partnerships with community agencies, helping students gain real-world experience in applying their classroom knowledge. We invite you to make an online contribution to the Galano Community Service Fund.
You can contribute online now with your credit card, using our secure web server. The contribution form will be pre-selected to direct your gift to the general academic fund for the Psychological Sciences Department, which supports student and faculty needs directly.
We appreciate your continued interest and support! Please contact us if you have suggestions.