Why is diaper outreach important?
- 5.9 million babies age three or younger live in poor or low-income families.
- 1 of 3 families struggle to buy diapers and they cannot be purchased with WIC or SNAP assistance.
- Parents are often forced to reuse diapers leading to diaper rash and urinary tract infections placing a strain on our healthcare systems.
- Childcare requires moms to provide a day's supply of diapers or they are turned away keeping moms from being able to work.
In the fall of 2014, we became a registered diaper bank through the National Diaper Bank Network to help alleviate diaper need in our local community. To learn more about our diaper bank, click here.
- Williamsburg Public Housing
- Child Development Resources (CDR)
- Williamsburg WIC program
- The Walmart Foundation
- William & Mary Office of Community Engagement
- Alpha Phi Omega Service Fraternity
If you'd like to donate diapers, here's how:
- Locally: email us at email@example.com to schedule a diaper dropoff or pick-up!
- Amazon wishlist (these ship directly to us!)
- Ship donations to:
C/O The Healthy Beginnings Project
Department of Psychology
College of William and Mary
ISC Room 1137
540 Landrum Dr.
Williamsburg, VA 23185