We offer four full years of language training as well as a variety of courses in Russian culture that are taught in English. Many of our courses in translation fulfill general education requirements.
For beginning students of Russian, we offer introductory courses in the language. If you have had some experience learning Russian outside of W&M, review our placement policies to determine which course you should take next.
Courses about Russian culture taught in English that do not have prerequisites include
- First-Year Seminar (RUSN 150, meets the COLL 150 requirement),
- Russian Myths & Legends (RUSN 250, meets a COLL 200 ALV requirement), and
- Elementary Russian through Video 1 (RUSN 101)
- Placement guidelines. Which class is best for you?
- Assessment Tests are available online for students with William & Mary accounts at http://blackboard.wm.edu. Students can log in to Blackboard and search for "Assessment Test" at the bottom left search box on the main Blackboard page to locate the correct test. If you need help with this, contact the Office of Undergraduate Academic Affairs.
- Undergraduate Catalog Course Listing for Russian Studies
- Use the Dynamic Schedule or Open Course List to see which courses will be taught in upcoming semesters