A minor in GSWS is more than a loose collection of courses. Working closely with a GSWS advisor, you will build expertise in a specific interest, from a variety of disciplinary perspectives, while meeting degree requirements for an academic minor.
The GSWS minor consists of a minimum of 19 credit hours. All students complete:
- Introduction to Gender, Sexuality, & Women's Studies (GSWS 205)
- Feminist Theory (GSWS 405)
- One course with a focus on Gender and International Issues (GIN),
- One course with a focus on Sexualities and Transgender Studies (LGBT),
- One course with a focus on Gender, Race, and Ethnicity (GRE),
- Approved electives, if necessary.
If you want to declare a GSWS minor, choose a GSWS advisor from our core or affiliated faculty lists. In consultation with your advisor, fill out two forms:
These forms are also available in the GSWS office. Upon completion, leave a copy with your advisor and send another copy to the Office of the Registrar.