Department of Art & Art History offers a B.A. in Fine Arts. When you declare as a Studio Art major concentrator, you will chose to follow either a 2D (Two Dimensional) or 3D (Three Dimensional) track. See the Undergraduate Catalog for degree requirements.*
*This Undergraduate Catalog pertains to all who have declared before Fa2021. Our 2021-2022 Undergraduate Catalog will be available by summer 2021. See your advisor for guidance.
- 2D Track offers courses in
- 3D Track offers courses in
In addition to Studio Art coursework, you will take a minimum of three Art History courses to develop an understanding of the evolution of the arts as well as their cultural context.
Research in Studio Art can take many forms. We encourage you to seek out opportunities to work on an independent project, with guidance from a professor.
Our Studio Art alumni have gone on to careers in art, architecture, museum work, teaching, and design.
- Catalog requirements for the Studio Art Concentration
- Declaration of Major Form [pdf]
- Writing and Computing Requirement Form [pdf]
- Research Funding – Charles Center
- Worksheet for Studio Art Majors (who have declared before 5/1/2018 OR between 5/1/2018 and Fall 2021) [pdf]
- Worksheet for Studio Art Majors (Effective Fall 2021)[pdf]