The generosity of our donors and alumni make it possible for the Reves Center to help W&M support international students in need, make educational opportunities possible, and recognize the contributions of our international student community. Funds are limited and most scholarships are one-time awards.
International Student Scholarships and aid are awarded through the following funds and scholarship programs:
- International Student Scholarship Fund: Merit and need based awards for international graduate and undergraduate students.
- Blakey Scholarship: Awarded to incoming international undergraduates. The goal of this scholarship is to help attract students of underrepresented areas of the world to W&M.
- Hixon Family Scholarship: Need based scholarship to support students who are residents of African countries. It includes a full scholarship for an undergraduate student as well as funds to support educational opportunities (e.g. attend a conference, take summer classes) for other students who are resident of Africa.
- Lillelund Scholarship: Merit and need based awards for international undergraduate students. Scholarship is available starting Fall 2019.
- McLeod Scholarship Merit and need based awards for international graduate and undergraduate students who are residents of Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
- Tepper Scholarship: Merit and need based awards for international graduate and undergraduate students, who are residents of Russia, Eastern European countries, and former Soviet republics.
- Jack Wolfe Scholarship: Merit and need based awards for international graduate and undergraduate students.
For more information on these scholarships please contact [[w|sjsech,Steve Sechrist]]
ISSP Scholarship and Aid Opportunities
Have you had a financial crisis?
- International Student Financial Hardship Aid
- Purpose: To support a currently enrolled student with acute financial need
- Requirements: Financial need must be unexpected, severe, AND outside of the student's control
- Amount: Typically up to $500
- How to Apply: Please contact Eva Wong at email@example.com to make an appointment to discuss your financial need.
Is there something you would like to do for which you need some support?
- International Student Opportunity Scholarship
- Purpose: Help students pursue educational and professional opportunities such as attending a conference, career fair, pursuing an unpaid internship or project, etc.
- Open to all international students at W&M or VIMS but priority will be given to F-1 & J-1 international students.
- Priority is given to students who have been enrolled at least one academic year and who have not been awarded other scholarships or university funds.
- Amount: Typically up to $500
- Application Deadlines: November 2 for opportunities taking place between November 2018-June 2019; March 1 for opportunities taking place between May 2019-December 2019.
- How to Apply:
Have you distinguished yourself in academics, service & leadership? Ask a faculty or staff to nominate you for an award!
- International Student Achievement Award
- Purpose: To recognize international students who have distinguished themselves in academics, service and leadership. Faculty and administrators nominate an international student for this award. Five awards are given per year.
- Amount: $500
- W&M faculty or administrator submits the International Student Award Nomination Form to the Reves Center.
- We begin accepting applications on February 1. The application deadline is March 1.
- Applications are reviewed by the scholarship committee and decisions made by by March 15
Do you want to explore more opportunities?
More off-campus and on-campus funding resources.