Have you had a financial crisis?
International Student Financial Hardship Aid
- Purpose: To support a currently enrolled international student with acute financial need.
- Requirements: Financial need must be unexpected, severe, AND outside of their control (e.g., loss of parental or sponsor support, huge medical bill, etc.)
- Amount: Typically a one-time award of up to $700.
- How to Apply: Please contact [[ywong,Eva Wong]] to make an appointment with an ISSP staff member to discuss your financial need.
Is there something you would like to do for which you need some support?
International Student Opportunity Scholarship
- Purpose: Help graduate and undergraduate international students pursue special educational and professional opportunities such as presenting at a conference, supporting an unpaid internship, completing a research project, etc.
- Amount: Typically up to $700
- Application Process:
- Fall semester: ISSP will announce the call for applications and begin accepting applications in October and the deadline will be 2 weeks after the application opens for opportunities taking place between November-June.
- Spring semester: ISSP will announce the call for applications applications in February and the deadline will be 2 weeks after the application opens for opportunities taking place between March-December.
- Applications are reviewed by the scholarship committee and decisions made within two weeks of the application deadlines.
- How to Apply:
- Students will apply through iStart when the scholarship application period is open.
Have you distinguished yourself in academics, service & leadership? Ask a faculty or staff to nominate you for an award.
International Student Achievement Award - Nomination
- Purpose: To recognize graduate and undergraduate international students who have distinguished themselves in academics, service and leadership. Faculty and administrators nominate international students for this award. Five awards are usually given per year, during the Spring semester.
- Amount: $700
- ISSP generally begin accepting nominations in February and the form will be made available to faculty and administrators.
Do you want to explore more opportunities?
More off-campus and on-campus funding resources.