William & Mary is part of eduroam! The eduroam (education roaming) wireless network provides secure Internet service for the academic community - not only at your home institution, but also when you travel to other participating eduroam institutions!
Once eduroam is set up on your device, it will connect automatically as you move from one eduroam institution to another. It's just like moving between buildings while on the W&M campus.
Eduroam is available in thousands of institutions across 90 countries and territories worldwide.
Benefits of eduroam
- Travel - Immediate access to secure wireless Internet service when you travel to other participating eduroam institutions.
- Visitors - Guests from participating eduroam institutions have immediate access to a secure wireless network at W&M.
- Security - Eduroam employs the latest encryption standard to keep data secure.
- Check out this interactive map of eduroam locations worldwide.
- Use this country list to find participating eduroam institutions in a specific country.
- Find participating institutions in the United States.
Operating System Requirements
Your computer/device must run the following operating system at minimum to connect with eduroam: (updated 2/2021)
- Macs: 10.14 (Mojave)
- Windows: 10
- Apple iOS: 13.6
- Android: M (Marshmallow)
IT-managed computers are updated automatically to meet the minimum requirements. All other computers/devices must be updated by the owner/user.
William & Mary faculty, staff, and students may connect to the eduroam wireless network at any participating eduroam campus - including W&M! To connect to eduroam, you will first need to install a digital certificate on your device. The certificate will verify your identity (using your W&M login credentials) and provide a consistently secure connection to eduroam.
We encourage everyone to start using eduroam while at William & Mary, so your connection is set-up and ready to go when you travel to another institution.
Connect to eduroam (General Instructions)
- Go to connect.wm.edu
- Select Begin eduroam setup
- Download the device-specific configuration assistant or app
- Follow the prompts to complete the eduroam set-up
- Enjoy secure wireless service!
Device-Specific Installation Instructions
- Apple iOS 12 Mobile Devices
- Apple iOS 11 (and Earlier) Mobile Devices
- Android Mobile Devices
- Mac Computers
- Windows Computers
If you have a Chromebook, please visit the Technology Support Center for help in connecting to eduroam.
Note for Android users: Android requires that the SecureW2 app remains installed on your device. Deleting the SecureW2 app, will break your connection to the eduroam network.
If you have trouble connecting (whether you are at W&M or away from W&M), contact the Technology Support Center for support at 757-221-4357 (1-HELP).
Those at VIMS should connect using their VIMS credentials and should have connected to the VIMS Eduroam network BEFORE traveling off the VIMS campus to other sites, including W&M. There is no longer the need for VIMS faculty/staff/students to register devices at W&M for WiFi.
Welcome to William & Mary! We hope you enjoy your visit to our historic campus.
If your device has previously connected to eduroam, it should automatically connect. If this is your first time using eduroam, here's how to connect:
- Find the eduroam network among your list of wireless options
- Use the credentials provided by your home institution to log in
- Enjoy the secure wireless service!
If you have trouble connecting to Eduroam, you must contact your home institution for support.
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Jones 201, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm