All visitors and guests to William & Mary campus will have 24 hours of free access on the unencrypted wireless network (WM-Welcome) once per week.
Guests may request to extend access to WM-Welcome beyond the 24 hours guest period by having a W&M sponsor. Anyone with a wm.edu e-mail address may sponsor guest access. Conference attendees may ask that the conference organizer sponsor access, using the same process as a regular campus visitor.
Access & Extension Requests
Access is simple. When you (the visitor) are on campus:
- Open up a web browser, and you will be automatically directed to the network authentication page (connect.wm.edu).
- Click I'm a guest/conference attendee and put in your name and email address.
- Then pick between the standard 24 hours of guest access or additional access with a W&M sponsor.
- For additional access, you will enter the email address of the W&M sponsor. This must be an email address ending in "wm.edu" (@wm.edu, @email.wm.edu, @mason.wm.edu, @physics.wm.edu are all acceptable).
- Click Submit at the bottom of the page.
If you requested additional access, the sponsor will be sent an email with options to grant guest access for either 2 days, one week, or one month.
Sponsors: It is okay to grant more time than what is actually needed. If the guest will be on campus for 4 days, then access should be granted for one full week. The additional access time will begin automatically when you return the email.
Questions? Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | firstname.lastname@example.org | Jones 201, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm