By accepting a Noyce Program scholarship, you are making a commitment to
- Earn your teaching certification in science or mathematics from W&M School of Education.
- Take the 1-credit course, BIOL 455, How Students Learn, during the fall semester, while in the Noyce Scholars Program.
- A lecture/discussion class on the neuroscience of learning and memory, develops an understanding of how to teach learning skills and self-management of learning to students.
- Teach for two years in a high-need school district for each year of scholarship funding.
- Your teaching commitment must be fulfilled within 6 years after graduation from the program.
- If a Noyce Scholar recipient does not fulfill the teaching requirement, the scholarship must be repaid in part or in full, in proportion to the fulfillment of the teaching commitment met, as described in the Terms and Conditions.
- Stay in contact with the W&M School of Education after graduation.