Awards, Fellowships, and Publications
- University Profile
- “A History of Resilience is a History of Resistance.” Appalachian Journal. Spring 2011.
- “Waves of Feminism: Discussions and Disruptions.” With Emily Miller. Alice Ginsberg, ed. And Finally We Meet: Intersections and Intersectionality Among Feminist Activists, Academics and Students. Towson, MD: Institute for Teaching and Research on Women.
- “Tackling the PIC: Successes and Challenges in Teaching the Prison-Industrial Complex.” Radical Teacher. 2010.88 (2010): 32-43. Print.
- “Connecting Theory and Practice.” With Holly Blake. Ms. Magazine.
- “Bridging the Divide: Connecting Feminist Histories and Activism in the Classroom.” With Holly Blake. Radical History Review 2008.102 (2008): 63-72. Print.
- “Dangerous Bodies: Women and the Censorship of Sex Hygiene Films in Virginia.” Screen Media and Sexual Politics Anthology. Cambridge: Scholars Press.
- “Filming Eugenics: Teaching the History of Eugenics Through Film.” With Sarah Trembanis. The Public Historian 29.3 (2007): 145-55. Print.