Blackboard must be used for electronic dossiers. Blackboard (Bb) tutorials are recommended.
If you need additional help with any aspect of using the Blackboard site, please call the IT help line: 1-HELP (221-4357).
Please note the following:
- The Department Chair may delegate Blackboard site management to the chair of the department's Personnel Committee, as appropriate. In the case of jointly appointed faculty, the candidate may choose to have the Program Director be the Blackboard dossier site manager instead of a Department Chair or Personnel Committee Chair. In the instructions from now on, the person managing the dossier file, whether Department Chair, Personnel Committee Chair, or Program Director is referred to as the "Dossier Manager."
- Before creating the dossier file, candidates should prepare their materials in accordance with the instructions provided.
- To create the dossier file, candidates should follow the steps outlined.
- The department should choose one of the options below, and inform the candidate. The candidate will upload his/her materials (CV, personal statement/narrative, scholarship, teaching, service/governance, and miscellaneous) to the dossier file at different times depending on the option chosen. Click an option for further instructions to both the Dossier Manager and the candidate on how to proceed.
- Option A: Department sends scholarship materials by mail or email to external reviewers. The candidate uploads all materials immediately. Please click on the link below for more information:
- Option B: Department gives external reviewers access to scholarship materials on the Blackboard site. The candidate uploads only scholarship materials immediately, and adds other materials later. Please click on the link below for more information: