Social Media Sharing
Add a "share bar" feature to your stories and pages
Make it easy for visitors to share your content through email and their favorite social media tools.
- Edit your page.
- Click the Metadata tab.
- Check the box next to "Show Share bar?"
- If you have a simple or vanity URL for your page, enter it in the field "Shortened URL to use for Share bar links."
- This field is OPTIONAL and you may leave it blank.
- Shortened URLs can be created using W&M Vanity URLs, the W&M URL Shortener or via an external service like bit.ly or tinyurl.com.
- Preview Draft >> Submit >> Check Content & Submit then publish.
If you entered a shortened URL in step 4, it will be used when visitors share via the social media options i.e. Twitter, Facebook, etc. Otherwise, the full URL of your page is used. To avoid looking like spam, the full URL is always used with the "Email" share option.