The Sadler Center is a versatile venue, hosting a range of events such as lectures, movie screenings, banquets, concerts, and conferences. If you are interested in holding an event at the Sadler Center, there are several steps to follow:
- Reserve a room. Review our rooms and determine which will best fit your needs based on posted room capacities. Check room availability and conflicting events with the Scheduling Office, and submit a space request form.
- Plan your room set. If your event or meeting in the Sadler Center or Campus Center requires a very basic set-up and you do not need a diagram, you may complete our online furniture request form. If you have a more complicated set-up or would like a diagram, call our office at (757) 221-3275 to schedule a meeting at least 10 days prior to your event to discuss the furniture set-up you will require.
- Determine your A/V needs and submit an A/V request form at least 5 business days prior to your event. If you will need a technician present for the duration of your event, you must submit your request at least 10 business days in advance. This A/V form is used for events in the Sadler Center and across campus with the exception of Briggs Amphitheatre at Lake Matoaka.
- If your event is at Briggs Amphitheatre, submit the Briggs Resources Request to request A/V, furniture, and other resources available at the amphitheatre.
- On the day of your event, plan to arrive early to check on room set-up and test any A/V equipment you will be using. For any last-minute assistance, speak with the Information Desk attendant or Building Manager in the main office. Be sure to familiarize yourself with our building policies.
If you are planning an event on campus but NOT in the Sadler Center or Campus Center, all furniture requests must be submitted to the Scheduling Office. Sadler Center and Campus Center furniture is not used outdoors or in other venues on campus.
If you are interested in holding your next conference at the Sadler Center or Campus Center and are not affiliated with the University, please visit the Office of Conference & Event Services.