The Reves Center for International Studies is the hub of globalization at William & Mary, as well as the home of the Global Education Office and the Office of International Students, Scholars and Programs.
Proud to be #1 in study abroad
William & Mary is the #1 public university for study abroad. Nearly 60% of all undergraduates study abroad in their W&M careers. More than 750 undergraduate students study abroad each year in more than 50 countries around the world.
Each year the Reves Center:
- helps more than 750 William & Mary students study abroad in 55+ countries and supports more than 2,000 students at various phases in the study abroad process,
- supports William & Mary's international community of more than 1200 students, scholars, faculty, and family members representing more than 60 countries,
- provides more than $600,000 in scholarships for study abroad and international internships,
- administers more than $20,000 in scholarships to international students,
- offers 24 summer and short-term programs abroad and four sponsored semester study abroad programs, and maintains academic exchange partnerships with 17 universities in 12 countries
- conducts more than 50 pre-departure orientations and risk management workshops for students and faculty going abroad,
- organizes undergraduate and graduate orientations for more than 250 new, degree-seeking international students,
- welcomes 40 Japanese students as part of our summer Cross-Cultural Collaboration with Keio University in Japan,
- matches more than 50 international students and their families with local community members as part of the Global Friends program,
- awards $72,000 in grants for faculty conference travel, internationally-focused student-faculty research projects, and faculty-mentored international service learning projects,
- contributes $142,000 to support and sponsor internationally-focused public programs, including speakers, events, and films,
- disseminates Reves Digest, a weekly email with W&M's internationally-focused events and news, each week of the academic year,
- publishes two issues of World Minded magazine,
- supports W&M graduate students with $40,000 in Assistantships.