A William & Mary degree is much more than a list of courses. While at least half of the credits applied toward a degree must be earned at W&M, most new students enter with some credit for test scores or prior college course work.
Get An Early Start
Getting your transcripts and test scores to the [[transfercredit,Transfer Credit Coordinator]] (TCC) in our office well before you arrive at the college is the best way to ensure a smooth entry and registration process. You can also reach the TCC at (757) 221-2823 if you have any questions.
While the full academic transfer policy appears in the Undergraduate Catalog (see the Requirements for Degree section), here are tips for our new students:
- Make sure we have everything.
- AP/IB/A-Level/CLEP, and other Pre-Matriculation Credits
- Check on your transfer credits to see if they have been evaluated.
- Find out what to do if your credits have not gone through.
- The fine print – learn how courses are evaluated.
- Credit from Foreign Institutions
- COLL Curriculum Rules and Requirements for Incoming Transfer Students
Student seeking transfer credit must have their official scores and/or transcripts mailed directly from the awarding institution (university, ETS, etc.) to the following:
The College of William and Mary
Office of the University Registrar
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795