A William & Mary degree is much more than a list of courses. While at least half of the credits applied toward a degree must be earned at W&M, most new students enter with some credit for test scores or prior college course work.
Get An Early Start
Getting your transcripts and test scores to the [[transfercredit,Transfer Services Coordinator]] (TSC) in our office well before you arrive at the college is the best way to ensure a smooth entry and registration process. You can also reach the TSC at (757) 221-2823 or make an appointment if you have any questions.
While the full academic transfer policy appears in the Undergraduate Catalog (see the Requirements for Degree section), here are tips for our new students:
- AP/IB/A-Level/CLEP, and other Pre-Matriculation Credits
- Check on your transfer credits to see if they have been evaluated.
- Find out what to do if your credits have not gone through.
- The fine print – learn how courses are evaluated.
- Credit from Foreign Institutions
- COLL Curriculum Rules and Requirements for Incoming Transfer Students
Where to send your Official Scores or Transcripts
Student seeking transfer credit must have their official scores and/or transcripts mailed directly from the awarding institution (university, ETS, etc.) to the following:
The College of William and Mary
Office of the University Registrar
P.O. Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187-8795