A contractor account provides an ID Card, most notably for door access. All contractor employees entering university buildings need a personal William & Mary ID card for door access. No generic company access cards will be issued. This will associate a specific person with building access, to ensure accurate tracking and building security.
No Information Technology services are associated with Contractor account!
I am a contractor
- Find a W&M sponsor - Generally this would be a person from the department you are contracting under.
- Provide sponsor with your personal information - We need your full legal name, date of birth, home address, phone number, and personal email address.
- Request Access - Your sponsor will submit a request for a contractor account via Request IT using the affiliate/contractor account form. (See "I am hiring a contractor" for details)
- Get your ID Card - One full business day after the request is submitted, you can pick-up your ID card in the ID Office of the Campus Center*. You will have your picture taken and you must also bring in any cards you have used previously so they can be destroyed.
I am hiring a contractor (Sponsor)
- Collect personal information from contractor - You will need their full legal name, date of birth, home address, phone number, and personal email address.
- Create an Account - Use Request IT to submit a request for an affiliate/contractor account (in the Service Request category).
- Inform Contractor - Inform the contractor that you have submitted the request. They will need to wait one business day before picking-up their new card at the ID office.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does a card cost?
The cost of an ID Card is $23.
Are there any exceptions for generic card?
There will be no generic vendor/contractor access cards issued, no exceptions.
What if a contractor loses their card?
Once issued the contractor is responsible for replacement costs if they lose their ID card. There is a $23 lost card replacement fee.
When does the account expire?
The sponsor will determine the expiration date of the contractor account, up to a year (the maximum allotted time). However, the sponsor may submit a renewal request in Request IT to extend the expiration date.
Contact the Technology Support Center (TSC)
757-221-4357 (HELP) | [[support]] | Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm