The W&M Promise
The Board of Visitors continues to uphold the William & Mary Promise, an operating model adopted in April 2013 that includes a guaranteed tuition plan for entering in-state freshmen.
- In-state tuition rates for undergraduate classes arriving after the Fall of 2013 are guaranteed and will remain constant through all four years of their undergraduate study
- The tuition guarantee caps tuition increases for returning Virginia students enrolled prior to Fall 2013 at no greater than the rate of inflation
- Learn more about how the W&M Promise affects you
- Visit the Dean of Students webpage for information about exceptions that may extend the duration of the four year tuition guarantee
- A one-time, non-refundable Orientation/Family Program fee of $ 334.00 is required of all new students. A charge will appear on the student's ebill statement during their first academic semester.
A one-time, non-refundable Graduation Fee (per degree) of $ 145.00 will be charged all students after they have filed their 'Notice of Candidacy for Graduation'.
- Newly admitted undergraduate students declaring a Business major will be charged a $2,500.00 fee and those declaring a Business minor will be charged a $ 1,250.00 fee per semester.
- William & Mary School of Education students will be charged a one-time LiveText fee of $115.00 for web based assessment system access. LiveText is a web-based document creation and storage system that provides School of Education students the ability to store, maintain, and publish a professional career portfolio that can be accessed for up to five years after graduation.
- International students will be charged a one-time Orientation Fee of $ 130.00 at the beginning of the student's degree program. They will also incur a $65.00 Service Fee for each enrolled semester with the exception of summer sessions. For more information on these fees, please view the Reves Center website.
- Non-W&M NIAHD students will be charged an Academic Program fee of $ 750.00.
- Tuition rates for the Saint Andrews William & Mary joint degree programme differ from the standard undergraduate rates.
- Washington DC Semester program students are charged additional program fees during the Fall and Spring semesters. The DC Summer Institute, DC Winter Seminar and DC Spring Break Seminar sessions also incur additional fees. Please visit the Study in DC site for more information. These fees are non-refundable.
- Applied music courses carry an additional charge of $ 425.00 per one 30 minute lesson (one credit hour).
- Specific art, science lab and kinesiology courses also charge an additional fee. Classes carrying fees have a notation in Banner self-Service, "Additional Fees," and the amount of the fee may be viewed in the Class Detail screen for each section. These fees are non-refundable.
- In an effort to protect students and ensure their best interest, the U.S. Department of Education published the new Program Integrity and Improvement rules to provide students the ability to opt out of course/class fees associated with books or supplies. For more information on this new regulation, please view the Course Fee Opt-Out document.