The Boswell Initiative encompasses the annual Boswell lecture – and a whole lot more. Each year we seek new opportunities to engage LGBTx issues. Engagement can take a number of forms:
- 2019 At two public events, W&M faculty draw on their research and lived experiences in a conversation titled, Inside Out: Neural Pathways + Social Expressions of “Otherness"
- 2018 A public collaboration with Drexel University to share research and find common ground
- 2017 A W&M workshop for students and faculty engaged in oral history
- 2016 Support for the W&M LGBTIQ Project documenting Virginia's LGBTIQ history
- 2015 A day-long symposium on Queer Youth
- 2014 A day-long symposium on Virginia's opposition to same-sex marriages