The Boswell Initiative encompasses the annual Boswell lecture - and a whole lot more. Each year we seek opportunities to engage LGBTx issues. This engagement can take a number of forms:
- 2019: W&M Professors Dickter and Ferrao draw on their research and lived experiences in this conversation titled Inside Out: Neural Pathways + Social Expressions of “Otherness"
- 2018 A public collaboration with Drexel University to share research and find common ground.
- 2017 A W&M workshop for students and faculty engaged in oral history
- 2016 Support for the W&M LGBTIQ Project documenting Virginia's LGBTIQ history
- 2015 A day-long symposium on Queer Youth
- 2014 A day-long symposium on Virginia's opposition to same-sex marriages