From Washington D.C.
Approximate driving time 1 hour 10 minutes.
- Follow MD Hwy. 210 South towards Indian Head, Maryland.
- Take a left onto MD Hwy 225 (Hawthorne Road) and a short Right onto a MD HWY 224 (Chickamuxen Road).
- Note - Hwy. 224 makes a very abrupt split, so be looking for another VERY QUICK right.
- Continue south past General Smallwood State Park and continue along Hwy. 224 several miles to Liverpool Point Road.
- The Chiles Homesite Trailhead and parking area is along the west side of Hwy. 224 approximately 1 mile south of Liverpool Point Road.
From Richmond, Va.
Approximate driving time - 2 hours 10 minutes.
- Follow 95 North to Hwy. 207 East to Hwy. 301 N towards Maryland.
- Continue on 301 N to La Plata, Maryland watching for MD Hwy. 6 West to Nanjemoy. This is a winding hwy. so watch carefully.
- Proceed through Nanjemoy (West) to MD. Hwy 224 at the junction with Liverpool Point Road.
- Turn south (left) on 224 and the Chiles Homesite Trailhead and parking area is on the west side of Hwy. 224, approximately 1 mile south of Liverpool Point Road and over 1 mile north of Purse State Park.
From Annapolis, Md.
Approximate driving time - 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Follow US 301/US 50 West to 301 South (exit 13A) towards Richmond.
- Continue south on 301 S to La Plata, Maryland. South of La Plata be looking for Hwy. 6 west towards Port Tobacco Road.
- Continue west on Hwy. 6 to Port Tobacco Road.
- Follow Port Tobacco Road to Sandy Point Road all the while, continuing west to MD HWY 224.
- Once on HWY 224 proceed south past Liverpool Point Road.
- The Chiles Trailhead and Parking area is approximately 1 mile south of Liverpool Road along the west side of HWY 224 and 1+ miles north of Purse State Park.