Important information from UHCSR about COVID-19
UnitedHealthcare is taking action to ensure health plan members and patients affected by COVID-19 have the support and resources they need. Insured members who believe they may have been exposed to COVID-19 are advised to immediately call their local healthcare provider or urgent care center to determine the best course of action. To find a network provider near you, please visit www.uhcsr.com/myaccount or use the mobile app. UnitedHealthcare StudentResources (UHCSR) will continue to monitor for any State or Federal regulatory guidance as it pertains to coverage. Here are some important points to know now.
- The diagnostic testing for COVID-19 at approved locations will be covered and member cost sharing will be waived, including copays, coinsurance & deductibles from 03/18/2020 through this national health emergency. UHCSR is also waiving cost-sharing for COVID-19 testing related visits.
- The Student Health Center (SHC) Referral Requirement will also be waived for the COVID-19 test and/or treatment. In the event that a claim is denied for no referral, it can be appealed for reconsideration.
- If an ambulance service is used to transport the patient to a hospital/facility for treatment the claim will be paid as any other sickness subject to normal policy provisions & limitations.
- The Student Insurance can be used for treatment for those diagnosed with COVID-19 through the national public health emergency period (currently set at 7/24/2020) with cost-share waived. After that, all treatment will be paid according to normal policy provisions and limitations.
- For the duration of the national public health emergency period, UHCSR will cover medically necessary FDA-authorized COVID-19 antibody tests (Serology - IGG/IGM/IGA for SARS-nCOV2 [COVID-19]) ordered by a physician or healthcare provider to diagnose COVID-19 at no cost-share to the member.
- Insured students are encouraged to take advantage of our Virtual Visit capability available through the HealthiestYou mobile app, or for more information through their www.uhcsr.com/MyAccount.
- NEW FEATURE ADDED 04/01/2020: All UHCSR insured students now have access to Global Care via their HealthiestYou Mobile App. This allows visits from outside the U.S. at no charge to insured students. In additional, the HealthiestYou App now provides a Symptom Checker.
For all other questions related to COVID-19 testing and/or treatment, please visit www.uhcsr.com/news or contact the UHCSR Customer Service at 1-800-767-0700.